Some readers commented about the
texture of wheat germ. Yes I do agree - Wheat Germ is not a substitute for panko or bread crumbs; but a healthier alternative. I use Wheat Germ as
breading for fish to make these
Cod Fish Sticks. I also sprinkle them on top of these
Squash Cakes to crumb up the top; and atop some sliced
zucchini when I roast the
zucchini in the oven. Super-easy way to make some
Baked Zucchini with Spicy Wheat Germ Crumbs.
First, cut the zucchini to medium- thin slices. Set aside on a baking dish. Mix some Japanese spice powder:
Togarashi
into the wheat germ crumbs. Set aside.
Note: To spice it up further, add some red chili flakes into the wheat germ mixture.
Bake the sliced zucchini 375F for 15-20 mins.
At the halfway mark, sprinkle the wheat germ
-Togarashi mixture over the zucchini and continue roasting till cooked.
This is certainly easy prep. (as short as 5 minutes) for a tasty appetizer or side. The rest? Leave it to the oven.
Tag: wheat germ, oven baked zucchini
No comments:
Post a Comment