Monday, December 20, 2010

Spaghetti Squash Frittata Fritters

I wanted to try spaghetti squash after seeing "noodle" dishes out of them! This recipe came to me at the instant when I had that plate of squash strands (after roasting in the oven 375degF for ~ 45 minutes) sitting right in front of me. No squash noodles, I decided, since I am cooking rice congee for that same meal. I wanted a side-dish more than a one-disher noodle. Here comes my Spaghetti Squash Frittata Fritter!

I am a huge fan of Indian spices so I fall back to my comfort zone when seasoning the squash strands - cumin, turmeric, ground coriander, curry powder, red chili powder, salt, pepper - that should work!

In another bowl. whisk an egg with some whole milk. Set aside. Also, took out my muffin-pan, and rub some herbed-butter along the sides of the individual cups of the muffin pan. Then, portion out some seasoned squash strands into the muffin pan, as shown.

Gently pour the egg mixture into the squash in the muffin pan. Sprinkle some bread crumbs over (for top crusting), and place a curry leaf on top of each fritter (for aroma)

Bake in oven, 375degF for about 15-20 mins till the egg mixture sets (and cooks). Broil last 1 minute to crisp up top crust.

Easy-to-make and tasty squash fritters for the holiday season! I'll bring these SSFF to Friday Potluck and Hearth and Soul.

Are you entertaining or having a party this Christmas? What will you be cooking? Or give yourself a break by eating out? Whatever it is, Merry Christmas!

Tag: , , , ,


An Escape to Food on Facebook