Beef and Mushroom Pasta with Bok Choy - what?!

Remember this picture? What was I planning to cook ?


I hope the bok choy did not mislead you. I was planning to cook pasta.
Yes.
This.


Beef and Oyster Mushrooms Fusili
Ingredients:
Carrots, onions, can of tomatoes, oyster mushroom, ground beef/pork, salt and pepper to taste, bok choy (blanched), pasta cooked according to instructions

Directions:
1. In a lightly oiled pan, sauce the onions and carrots, and when they are partially tender(soft), add in meat and mushrooms, followed by tomatoes (Remember?...some good oil is good for carrots and tomatoes)
2. Let this cook at medium heat and when start to simmer, turn to low heat and continue to let it simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste. (Note: For a little variation, you can add in some curry powder so you get a light curried tomato-based sauce)



3. When the sauce and gravy partially reduced and all the ingredients are cooked, add in pasta and mix well
4. Before serving, turn off the heat, you can add in bok choy(already blanched) and mix into pasta or just serve the bok choy around the pasta.


Instead of using broccoli or spinach often seen in Western pasta dishes, I think alternating with bok choy is a great idea. At least, it works for me. Now, I can have tomato-based pasta with Chinese vegetables! Yay!

This week, Presto Pasta Night is back with Ruth. Check her out on Friday!

Tag: ,

17 comments:

  1. I'm sure it's as delicious as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the last photo its so mouth watering!! oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe!! interesting. :) bok choi..?? gotta try.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that one looks yummy!! A combo I would not have thought of!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, this is a East meets West dish! Looking at your pictures made me want to cook some pasta too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't have guessed pasta, but it sure looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty interesting combination u've got there! It looks refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, yet another interesting recipe. So very fusion. You know, your blog's my favourite dropping-by spot for a quick recipe whenever my baby and I are looking to cook a home-cooked meal. Your recipes are always easy-to-follow and very comfort-food-ish, if you know what I mean.

    Big THANKS from the both of us. *HUGS!*

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pasta looks really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very fushion and looks so delightful! And your food presentation really rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo.. hey, whatever that works and tastes good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tigerfish...thanks so much for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights. I'm not sure why your delicious dishes keep getting lost in the ethernet...but please keep them coming.

    My email address is
    ruth AT 4everykitchen DOT com

    PS you're up first this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an intereting dish that fuses so many different ideas. I like it. I admire your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now this is an east meets west pasta...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel very hungry when I see your lovely food creations.

    ReplyDelete