Mushrooms Beef Pasta with Spicy Sauce - wonders of Asian curry powder


Tomatoes + onions + ground beef - the most basic of my homemade pasta meat sauce. For extra perks, I usually add mushrooms -white or brown crimini mushrooms. Or when I'm crazy, oyster mushrooms and swordbelt mushrooms. My meatless pasta sauce version has gotta be this chunky vegetable pasta sauce. I can't get bored with pasta, can I ? I've been having them almost once a week, at least, recently.

"Fusili with Mushrooms and Beef in a Lightly Spiced Sauce " sounds like a traffic throng in the tongue, but the ingredients and cooking are SIMPLE, really. Finished by a unique touch of spice - Asian curry powder. Now...that's even crazier than adding oyster and Japanese mushrooms into a pasta dish.


Fusili with Mushrooms and Beef in a Lightly Spiced Sauce
Ingredients: Ground beef; half a onion- sliced and chopped finely; assorted mushrooms; can of diced tomatoes; 2tsp curry powder (or more depending on how strong a curry flavor you want but note: do not use too much or it will become curry beef - as in with too much gravy); fusili, cooked according to instructions


Directions:
1. In lightly oiled pan, add in onions to saute and when slightly soften (half way to "translucence"), add in tomatoes, then ground beef and mushrooms. Will take about 3-5mins for things to "soften" a little (to be cooked)
2. Add ~2 tsp curry powder and mix well
3. Add some water/stock, allow it to simmer on low heat
4. Before serving, add in boiled/cooked pasta in the pan of sauce and mix well


Crazy but simple, isn't it? :D Not too fiery...just mildly spicy. Due to my recent travel, I've missed Presto Pasta Night for almost a month! I'm back, Ruth!

Tag: ,