
Fresh local spot prawns
For example. the Ridgeback Shrimps featured here (Steamed Ridgeback with Ginger & Scallions) are true prawns, while the Spot Prawns in the recipe today, are technically shrimps.
It does not matter which is what, and what is which as I enjoy both prawns and shrimps. It is actually not easy to get fresh local catch here. Most of the prawns/shrimps sold here are imported from Asia, and comes frozen. Sad. Once in a while, we have fresh local catches such as Ridgeback or Spot but the season is short.
Sometime ago, I got these fresh local spot prawns from The Neves Portugese Seafood Market. My favorite method to cook fresh prawns/shrimps is (and always will be) - steaming. For experimental-purpose, I did it differently this time with this quick and easy oven-baked/grill recipe. You can also try this Oven-Baked Spanish-Style Shrimp recipe?
The key to fresh prawns/shrimps is to treat them simply, no fancy-schmancy - cooking method and seasoning, the same. Keep it simple.
I am using this complimentary seasoning mix from Cost Plus World Market. If not for this seasoning which I already had, I would do the usual salt, pepper, garlic powder and/or just a little curry powder, just like how I prepared the shrimps in this Oven-Baked Shrimps Veggie Bowl.
With the approaching holidays, spices rub sets make wonderful gifts for family and friends.

Oven-Baked Jamaican Jerk Shrimps/Prawns
Ingredients:
1/2lb Spot Prawns, or any other types of prawns. Frozen prawns will work but thaw before using.
1tsp Caribbean Seasoning/Jamaican Jerk, dry rub
Directions: Preheat oven 375F. Toss seasonings with prawns. Bake for about 15mins or more till cooked.
An Escape to Food on Facebook
No comments:
Post a Comment