Nasi Campur, Nasi Padang, Nasi Kerabu...I'm confused! Rice where, rice what

Let me just call it Nasi (XYZ) the meantime because I don't really know what is what. XYZ can be Padang, Campur, Kerabu depending on country and regions/states, I presume. And I always associated Nasi Padang as some kind of Malay cuisine when so apparently, I'm wrong! Nasi Padang originates from Indonesia - “Padang-food” in Indonesia (from Western Sumatra province and is named after the capital Padang). For Nasi Campur, Nasi Dagang, Nasi Kerabu, backStreetGluttons has pictures to tell us all (so, why need wikipedia ?)

Would you order a set with sides like these? Like myself, Lyrical Lemongrass has begedil with rice! Ok, this is my Nasi set with begedil meat potato patties, sayur lodeh vegetable curry, and coriander chicken. Now, I don't know if this is Nasi Padang, Nasi Campur or just Nasi XYZ ?




These are the recipes for the sides. Hope you will like them.
Sayur Lodeh, Vegetable Curry
Coriander Chicken
Begedil, Potato Meat Patties


Tag: , , , , , , ,