Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Chicken Macaroni

Each time I return to Presto Pasta Nights, I can't wait to share my comfort food with our lovely host - Ruth from Once Upon a Feast.

Not that I have not cooked Chicken Macaroni before, but each time I unveil a simpler recipe, it makes me happy. This time I merely use chicken, celery and carrot, and the final dish is still full of flavor yet light on the tummy.

Chicken Macaroni
Ingredients: 1-2 chicken leg (interchange 1 chicken leg with chicken backbones), 4-5 stalks celery, thinly sliced; 1 small carrot, thinly sliced, cooked macaroni, salt and white pepper to taste, green onions to garnish

1. Blanch chicken in hot water. Set aside chicken and discard water.
2. Boil water (sufficient to immerse chicken) in a pot. When boiling, add in chicken, celery and carrots boil for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat and allow it to simmer at low heat for about 1 hr till chicken is cooked. Add salt to taste.
3. Ladle chicken soup over the macaroni, add white pepper, garnish with green onions and serve immediately.

Tag: ,