Chicken Macaroni

Each time I return to Presto Pasta Nights, I can't wait to share my comfort food with our lovely host - Ruth from Once Upon a Feast.


Not that I have not cooked Chicken Macaroni before, but each time I unveil a simpler recipe, it makes me happy. This time I merely use chicken, celery and carrot, and the final dish is still full of flavor yet light on the tummy.

Chicken Macaroni
Ingredients: 1-2 chicken leg (interchange 1 chicken leg with chicken backbones), 4-5 stalks celery, thinly sliced; 1 small carrot, thinly sliced, cooked macaroni, salt and white pepper to taste, green onions to garnish

Directions:
1. Blanch chicken in hot water. Set aside chicken and discard water.
2. Boil water (sufficient to immerse chicken) in a pot. When boiling, add in chicken, celery and carrots boil for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat and allow it to simmer at low heat for about 1 hr till chicken is cooked. Add salt to taste.
3. Ladle chicken soup over the macaroni, add white pepper, garnish with green onions and serve immediately.

Tag: ,