Cast-Iron Pan Fried Egg

YESsss! My first fried egg on my first Lodge Logic Pre-Seasoned 6-1/2-Inch Skillet cast-iron pan!


I have been toying with the idea of cast-iron pan (to add to my stainless steel collection) for so long, since I have almost abandoned all non-stick cookware in my kitchen. With a cast-iron pan, I do not have to worry about subjecting the pan to high-heat while cooking. Not that I cook with high-heat (e.g. deep-fry)...but...just in case. :p

The Lodge Logic L10SK3 12-Inch Pre-Seasoned Skillet comes pre-seasoned and is relatively easy to use and clean. After reading the positive reviews from users, I plunged straight into the purchase.

The only regret - I should have bought the 10-1/4 inch pan as I find the 6-1/2-inch pan rather small. Errrr....it can do...maybe a maximum of TWO fried eggs or ONE pan-fried fish/chicken fillet at one time. Luckily, I am not cooking for a huge family.

Of course, the plus-side of a small-ish pan? The weight is just right for me to handle, while cooking or cleaning. Cast-iron is heavy!!!


Do you currently use a cast-iron pan/pot? What do you usually cook in this pan? I'm thinking gyoza, omelette, frittata, pan-fried fish fillet ....what else? Give me some ideas!


Tag: ,


An Escape to Food on Facebook