I don't know what's in me that makes me like SPICY fried rice....hmmm...the perfect Nasi Goreng topped with a fried egg...yum! I have done a variety of fried rice before - Tom Yum fried rice, cabbage and char-siew fried rice, and now, with my favorite ingredients SAMBAL + SEAFOOD + EGGS, I'm doing to tweak the sambal seafood omelet a little, and make myself some SAMBAL...SEAFOOD... FRIED RICE!
Sambal Seafood Fried Rice
-1 pack frozen seafood (prawns, bay scallops, calamari)
-1 cup frozen vegetables, blanched and set aside
-1 clove garlic minced
-1 clove shallot sliced thinly
-1tbsp or more (if you can take the heat!) of sambal belacan (Sambal Belacan is a Malay style sambal. Chili pounded with toasted shrimp paste - belacan). A Malaysian-Chinese version is to fry belacan with chili.
1. Heat 1tbsp oil in frying pan, fry the garlic and shallots till fragrant
2. Add in seafood and fry till seafood is cooked (turn "opaque")
2. Add in sambal belacan, and mix well. Continue fry for 1 min
3. Add in vegetables and continue fry for 1 min
4. If too dry, add some water
5. Add in cooked rice and mix well (Or dish out the spicy seafood and cook the fried rice via the rice-cooker method)
Very easy...but first, you have to get your sambal belacan! NOW!
Other rice dishes -
Curry tonkatsu don
What ingredients do you like in your fried rice?
Tag: sambal, fried rice, sambal fried rice, seafood
Monday, October 01, 2007
Seafood fried rice - spicy sambal style
one-dish|rice|rice and noodles and pasta|seafood|