Oyster Rock-A-Fellow. Oyster Rockefeller

Do you like oysters? I am not a big fan of raw oysters. I tend to think I’ll be one of those unlucky ones who may consume raw-oysters-turn-bad or unhygienic handled raw oysters. The feeling of an upsetting stomach, disrupting my bowel system, is enough to make me stay away. Worst case, the chances of getting infected with Hep-B (I never ever gone for any jabs before!) is another resistance. But of course, I cannot resist when raw oysters to be shucked on the spot are right in front of me. And especially when I am going to have that run for the bucks I am paying for that all-you-can-eat seafood buffet. Pacific or Gulf oysters, I don't think I can differentiate them as when they are fresh, they will taste like the sea waters they are from, right? If you love oysters, especially raw ones, this is a good site to get oyster awareness. I actually learnt from this site that there are post-harvest treatments such as individual quick-freezing (IQF), low heat pasteurization or heat-cool pasteurization (HCP), and high-hydrostatic pressure (HPP) to "treat" oysters - mainly to reduce the risk of Vibrio vulnificus - a gram-negative bacterium, that may be found in certain oysters. Meantime, I don't mind if you give me cooked oyster, those rockefeller - baked with parsley, parmesan cheese, topped with a rich sauce of butter, herbs and breadcrumbs. Yum!