Boiled dumplings (云吞 ) - my most-used freezer friendly recipe, so easy and versatile


I have cooked wontons many times, in so many ways such as Spicy Wonton Soup, "Mathematical" Mince with Wonton Noodles, Fried Seafood Wonton, Seafood Wonton Soup,Sweet Peanut Butter and Banana Wontons and not forgetting the simple boiled wontons or dumplings that my friend, YJ, imparted to me. In fact, the latter are those "little gems" that form the base of my dumpling repertoire above.

Boiled wontons or dumplings are also a perfect match for Spinach Soba Noodles with Mushrooms during summer. It completes a meal.

Ever since I learn how to make wontons, they have become my most-used freezer-friendly recipe. I usually make batches of them (3-4 batches, ~15 wontons per batch) and they make cooking so easy during weekdays.


YJ also told me that the dipping sauce for dumpling (饺子) is actually vinegar and garlic, and not vinegar and ginger like what we commonly see in Singapore. Oh ye?



Wonton Dipping Sauce Recipe (*Sauce only, without garlic or ginger*)
Ingredients: black vinegar, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, water

(P.S. quantity of each ingredient remains secret because it is how I was taught)


Ok. Learn to make wonton today, will you?

Tag: , ,,