Nagaimo Stir-Fry with Bell Peppers, Broccoli Stems and Mushrooms

I deleted more than 10 draft posts (with only titles but no contents) that have been sitting in my drafts folder for the longest time. I have forgotten what I wanted to write about these subject titles. And the longer they stay there, the more lost I get, on what to write about them. D-E-L-E-T-E.


This is a simple stir-fry that I will cut short about the benefits and nutrition of Mountain Yam or Nagaimo) since I have said that before in my other yam recipes.


Nagaimo Stir-Fry with Bell Peppers, Broccoli Stems and Mushrooms
Ingredients: Bell peppers sliced to wedges (bite-size); broccoli stems, thinly sliced (Note: use the florets and save the stems); nagaimo, cubed to small dices or thinly sliced; woodear mushrooms (black fungus), roughly diced; fresh shitake mushrooms caps, roughly chopped; shallots, thinly sliced; ginger, thinly sliced; salt and white pepper to taste.

Directions: Heat oil in pan and fry the shallots and ginger till aromatic. Add in broccoli stems then the mushrooms and fry till broccoli stems and mushrooms are tender.Add in nagaimo and bell peppers and fry for about 3-5 mins till entire mixture is warmed up. Add 2-3tbsps of water if mixture is too dry (Note1: As nagaimo and bell peppers can be taken raw and their nutrition maintained when minimally cooked, they are added last in the stir-fry). Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with rice or plain congee.


I hope you don't find this too bland from how it looks as the appearace does not speak for itself. It is naturally tasty. You taste the natural fresh flavors; and the crisp textures of vegetables such as bell peppers, broccoli, woodear mushrooms and nagaimo. This is for Real Food Wednesday.

Tag: , , ,



An Escape to Food on Facebook