Swiss Chard - my least favorite vegetable to-date

It must be Friday the 13th, causing Blogger.com and my original post of Kale Somen Noodles to be down and gone respectively. Hope it is back to normal now.

Compared to kale and collard greens, this vegetable is by far my least favorite - Swiss Chard.

What got me into this then? Well, I have to try it to know if I like it.


Plus, it is too naturally colorful to give it up.


Of course, I tried it sometime back but nothing was pushing me to write more about it since it was not my favorite. Oops, practicing favoritism here!

Not only it is chock-full of antioxidants including flavonoid that is also found in broccoli and kale; recent research has shown that chard has blood sugar regulating properties (not really surprising as it belongs to the same family as beets). And colors means pigments and carotenoids that are important to our health as well (Source: Whole Foods Market - Chard).

Seriously, I did not really know what to do with it, creatively. So half of it was dedicated to a pasta dish while portions of it were saved for later use.

I would like to share this at this week's Weekend Herb Blogging hosted by Simona of Briciole.

Enjoy!

Tag:


An Escape to Food on Facebook