Oops I did it again.
But this is about putting together something really quick and Omega-3-friendly! Without the stove. It's all about the oven.
This sardine-tomato sauce can be made (baked-to-cook) in the oven and transformed into a pasta sauce.
(1) Lay the bottom of the baking dish with fresh tomatoes (finely diced) or if you have ready (homemade) marinara sauce or tomato-based sauce, you can use that too!
(2) Generously sprinkle thinly sliced shallots, minced garlic, finely chopped cilantro over the sauce
(3) Layer sardines over, drizzle some olive oil
(4) Baked in oven for about 30 minutes or more till shallots and garlic softened slightly. At the same time, cook the pasta
(5) When sauce is ready, you can mash the sardines up into the sauce or leave the sardines whole. Add in warm pasta and toss to combine thoroughly
Currently, I think Amazon offers the best price for Crown Prince Natural OneWild Caught Brisling Sardines in Spring Water, 3.75-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12) with one 3.75 ounce tin at about $2.60. This is about 30% off from the price at regular store. Well, certainly a good deal if sardines is your pantry staple.
Tag: sardines pasta, sardines
An Escape to Food on Facebook