Salmon, Zucchini, Carrots in Parchment En Papillote

It was a few years ago when I used to drop by Sigona's Farmers Market (Redwood City). I should visit again as it has been a long time. In a way, I was happy to reconnect with Sigona's Farmers Market when one of my halibut recipes (Pan-Fried Halibut with Mango Salsa) was featured In the Kitchen with Sigonas - Featuring Local Halibut. Yes, it is local halibut and local white seabass season! There are other delicious recipes including one that bakes halibut in parchment (my favorite way of cooking fish) and these recipes definitely showcase the versatility of halibut.

Back to my post today, it is my favorite fuss-free method of cooking fish - En Papillote. I am trying to make it a point to do Salmon (or Fish) En Papillote once a week and without even enforcing this once-a-week routine, I am already thinking of doing it twice, adding Chicken En Papillote to the repertoire...maybe?

Ambitious.


Why is En Papillote my favorite fuss-free way to cook?

(1) It is "clean" cooking without the need to stand behind the stove (smell the grease + feel the "heat" + cook), or without the need to even "eye-ball" cooking.

(2) A good way to incorporate (lots of) vegetables with protein, and create a one-dish.

(3) Protein (fish or chicken) usually remains moist as they are cooked in a sealed parcel with vegetables.

(4) Flavors are easily developed and retained in the sealed packed




Loaded in this packet of salmon fillet is chock-full of spring-summer vegetables (zucchini, asparagus, carrots, sweet potato, tomato, herbs)


If you really miss the carbs or need carbs on the same day, you can always cook some pasta or quinoa or even better, there is always add-boiling-water-then-cover-with-plastic-wrap-to-cook-10-minutes couscous!

Other en papillote recipes include Parchment-Baked Cod and Parchment-Baked Salmon

Tag: ,



An Escape to Food on Facebook