Vietnamese noodle - Bun Bo Hue and Pho

Few weekends ago, we were invited to some rockin' delicious Vietnamese food. YESsss! Again! :D This is the second time to the same place, and definitely the place to seek true authentic Vietnamese food. Prior to that, I knew it was going to be central Vietnamese cuisine (Hue cuisine). Quietly and secretly, I was happy. The last time we had "special" Vietnamese noodles was in LA. No way am I going to get a good ol' bowl of Bun Bo Hue in Singapore. Of course I felt lucky, to be able to reminisce the flavors of Bun Bo Hue again, in Singapore. So, what makes Bun Bo Hue different from pho ? First, the lemongrass. That is what I am going to say.

Second, the broth. This broth is typically made from pork hocks and beef, instead of just the beef for pho's broth.

Of course, the host did not just prepare one dish. There was so much food prepared by the host. We had a feast, as usual. You can click to have a better look of what we ate.


















The next time, I am going to make my salsa this way!


Thank you, host ^o^

Tag: , ,