Sardines and Bittermelon Quick-Curry-Stew

I did not create anything new. Basically, I just re-marry ingredients and it must be bold of me to get these two ingredients together. Bittermelon and Brisling Sardines. Cannot imagine? Ha...I find it hard to imagine too before I wanted to cook it. I was bored with Brisling Sardines Curry with Tomatoes, Onions and Celery.


The base recipe is Bitter Melon Tomato Curry, only adding Brisling Sardines towards the last 5 minutes of cooking, mash the sardines up in this quick stew and allow the flavors to infuse.

I can tell you it is not that bad at all. The bitterness is mild, really mild. The tangy tomatoes done its job well again. Then the smoky virtues of sardines to balance the savory, sweet, tangy, bitterness - you need to try this.


Bittermelon (苦瓜, Ku Gua) is also known as 凉瓜, Liang Gua...meaning...a "cooling" vegetable. I think it fits summer eating. Try it!

This side dish goes to Side-Dish Showdown in July and Two for Tuesdays: REAL FOOD.

Side Dish Showdown Blogger Event 24TbadgeGIRLICHEF

Tag: , ,



An Escape to Food on Facebook