Brisling Sardines Pasta - PPN#187, Alton Brown on Brisling Sardines

Presto Pasta Nights #187...I'm hosting!
How many times have you gathered ideas of what to cook for the next meal, while currently cooking another dish? Many times for me. When I made this Lightly Spiced Tomatoey Brisling Sardines, I told myself I wanted to make pasta with it another time because the sauce was just...TOO GOOD. May not be the most pleasant-looking pasta but I promise it is delicious - if you like sardines.

Yes! Woo hoo! I am bringing a close to October (gawd, just two months away from 2011!) by hosting Presto Pasta Nights # 187 - event originally created by Ruth from Once upon a Feast. Create your dish, link to this post (more submission guidelines here), send your treats (no tricks, please!) to tigerfish1101 (at) yahoo (dot) com (dot) sg and cc ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com by Thursday 28 October 2010. Round up will be Friday 29 October 2010. Come and join the fun, will ya?


And...so...what did I make for October's closing ? Sardine Pasta! I mashed the sardines up in this sauce so that the boney fish gets disintegrated into the sauce, giving that flavor bomb for thy pasta. You should watch Alton Brown's Video on Brisling Sardines at the end of this post :)



Fusili in Lightly Spiced Brisling Sardines Tomato Sauce
Ingredients: Same as Recipe: Brisling Sardine Curry; cooked pasta

Directions: Heat some oil in a wok/pan. Fry the cumin, fennel to slightly roast them and exude their aroma. Add onions, curry powder and turmeric and and fry with cumin and fennel. When onions turn slightly translucent, add celery and tomatoes and mix well. Add about 1/4 cup water and allow mixture to simmer. Add salt and black pepper to taste. When gravy starts to reduce, add in whole sardines and break them up into small bits. Add in cooked pasta and toss evenly with sardine tomato sauce.


The dish also goes out to H‘nSgirlichef

Do you like sardines? Well, Alton Brown of Good Eats advocates it. And I..have...to...agree...with...him Brisling....yum yum yum yum yum. Watch this video.


Latest Blog Giveaway Winner
The winner of my latest blog giveaway is The Intolerant Chef , who lives in Canberra, Australia. You are being randomly and luckily selected via random.org. At the same time, I love your comments on butternut squash and how differently it is being "treated" in Australia. You will be contacted via email.^o^


Tag: , ,


An Escape to Food on Facebook