Steamed Salmon with Zucchini

Welcome! Zucchini. You are now part of my vegetable family.

It began with a strange story about zucchini (and maybe eggplants?). Remember I told you I am not a fan of eggplants? I am also not a fan of zucchini. You can look at the list of ingredients tags by the right column and no surprise...no zucchini (till the tag to this post).

The story was weird. I started to dislike zucchini because of how it was prepared - typically served as "roasted vegetables" as sides to an entree of grilled fish, chicken or beef steak. Almost always, the roasted zucchini turns out "bad". Soggy. Bland. Nah...it should not taste and feel like ROASTED WATERY CUCUMBER but it does.

The story took a twist and turn. I changed. It took a change of preparation method to change me. This time I had it all tender (and soft)...but I did not roast it tender (and soft), so don't punish me. I steam them (with salmon) and I like it!


From strange to weird. But hopefully not totally unacceptable. Yes, dearies. I steam salmon occasionally. I actually find steamed salmon with zucchini one of the easiest yet nutritious dish to cook on a lazy day (Note: You can oven-bake this combination, too).

The final dish does not smell smoky or taste charred. And the salmon usually turns out moist and cooked perfect. Oh and that zucchini ? Subtly sweet with taste of vegetable freshness. The salmon must have lend a helping hand. The zucchini also helped in keeping the salmon moist.

The chemistry that sends sparks remains unexplainable. They live happily ever after. Even with "a third party" -
cauliflower.


Steamed Salmon with Zucchini
Ingredients: 1 zucchini, rinsed and sliced thinly; 1 salmon lightly seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, cumin and fennel; 1 tbsp water

Directions: Lay the sliced zucchini on the bottom of a plate. Place the lightly seasoned salmon on top. Set the steamer on (Note1: You can it from CSNstores.com) and when the water within the steamer is boiling, place the plate of salmon and zucchini in it, cover the steamer and steam for 8 minutes.

Salmon and a steaming method to cook the salmon, is certainly a heart-healthy and heart-friendly dish for


Tag: , ,


An Escape to Food on Facebook