Korean Spicy Tofu 韩式辣豆腐

This dressing has since been my go-to whenever I want to make spicy Korean banchan side-dishes. The combination of gochujang, apple cider vinegar (ACV in short), and sesame oil just hits the spot for me - spicy rounded flavors and very easy to put together.

Why didn't I think of it earlier ? Perking up a virtually tasteless (well, ok, mild-beany taste) block of tofu with a spicy, tangy, sweet, salty sauce.


I absolutely did not thought of it till I saw Little Corner of Mine made spicy Korean tofu and was motivated to try something similar. Next time, to save even more time, I am going to use the tofu as-is, without pan-frying.


Serve with bibimbap for a Korean-themed dinner.



Korean Spicy Tofu 韩式辣豆腐
Slice 1 block 12-14oz firm tofu into smaller rectangular pieces (about 12-16 pieces) then pan-fry the cut-up pieces on both sides till browned and slightly crisp. Dish out, set aside to cool.

Prepare the dressing/sauce by mixing 2 tsps gochujang, 2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar (ACV), 1 tsp sesame oil in a bowl. Add in the pan-fried tofu pieces and evenly coat the tofu with the sauce-dressing.







Sharing with Hearth and Soul

Tag:


An Escape to Food on Facebook