Easy Strawberries Cookies

Due to precise measurements involved, I don't usually bake. Unlike baking, I use my taste buds to adjust the flavors of the dish in the cooking process; and rely on palm-, fist-, sometimes finger-size, as a guide to estimate the quantity of ingredients - for example, vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower florets, sliced cabbage are, added by "handfuls" into the pan or pots.


Such a cooking-style does not apply to baking. This beginner/ newbie/ noob gets it. Therefore, when I bake, it ABSOLUTELY has to be basic, simple, and easy. A good example of simple and easy baking is the low-calorie, high-fiber, protein-packed Bran Buckwheat Banana Muffins.

Homemade baked goods can be healthy, and catered towards personal preferences of tastes (the degree of sweetness, savory, buttery etc.) and textures (dense, spongy, moist, crumbly, flaky, chewy, crispy etc). Many times, I find that store-bought baked goods are overly sweet for my taste buds (because I do not have a sweet tooth). Thus, making my own is the way to go.

Today, I am making use of some few-days-old strawberries that are starting to appear "bruised and shrunken" as a result of sitting too long in the fridge. I enjoy plump and juicy strawberries when they are fresh but now that they are showing signs of "aging", I got to revive them and what's better than making their end-of-life worth in my cookie experiment.


Easy Strawberries Cookies
Ingredients:
1.5 cups buckwheat + spelt flour mix
1/3 cup coconut flour
1tsp baking powder
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1 egg
1 cup chopped up organic strawberries

Directions: Gently whisk the egg, lemon juice and oil (wet ingredients), then add into flour + baking powder mixture (dry ingredients). Gently fold the mixture , then add chopped strawberries and continue to fold the strawberries into the cookie dough. Use a small scoop or make round balls of about 1.5 inch from the dough and place them on baking parchment. Then press the balls flat into thin round cookies. In a 350F preheated oven, bake the cookies for 25-30 mins


Tag:

An Escape to Food on Facebook