I will not chicken out

I have wanted to do braised mushrooms with black moss (发菜). Why ? Because I wanted to "mini-rehearse" myself so that during Chinese New Year, I could make the dish. But I saw a small little pack of black moss (smaller than the size of my palm) costing more then US$5! I need to collect some AngPows (pocket money) first before I pay at the cashier. Anyway, it's been some time since I cooked a chicken-themed dish. No. You just did Lychee Chicken. Oh, that's recent. Other than that, while going through my own dashboard, I only found 4 chicken dishes in the past 9 months - Thai Basil Chicken, Three-Cups Chicken, One Dish Braised Chicken Rice, and Chicken Satay. It's not a must to eat chicken regularly. I'm just recapping my own chicken dishes while making the (beta) transition in Blogger(so troublesome!).

With impressions of what I've tasted before of braised chicken, I kept it very simple here. Braising chicken wings with assorted mushrooms, how about it ? Slurp!

Braised chicken wings with assorted mushrooms (serves 4)
Ingredients:
-12 mid-joint chicken wings
-2tbsp dark soy sauce
-2tbsp oyster sauce
-2 garlic cloves, crushed whole
-1 can Chinese button mushrooms, whole
-8 fresh shitake mushrooms, wiped with damp kitchen towels, stalks removed, keep caps whole
-1 stalk scallions/sping onions, jullienned
-1tsp crushed ginger
-2tsp brown sugar
-water, adjust accordingly

Method:
1.Marinate chicken wings in soy sauce for 30 mins or more
2.In pan, heat 1tbsp oil over medium fire. Stir fry garlic till fragrant, add chicken wings, shitake and button mushrooms
3.Add oyster sauce to the chicken and mushrooms. If looks dry, add some water/broth then bring to boil
4.When boiled, simmer the chicken wings and mushrooms covered for about 30mins
5.Slightly stir in crushed ginger and scallions, and sugar
6.Simmer, covered for 5-6mins
7.Serve

Tag: , , ,,