Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Spicy italian sausage with pasta - letting the brain decode the taste sensory

I enjoyed the Conchiglie Salsiccia here - combination of italian sausage with shelled pasta, and tried replicating it at home. After oinking all over here, I did remember to allow my taste buds send some taste signals to my brain, and then let the brain decipher and decode the main ingredients that will go into this dish. Tomato-based sauce, italian sausages, and green leafy vegetables - YES! Thanks, brain. You go to "screen saver" mode now, and let my taste sensory and my hands take over.

Substituted shelled pasta(aka conchiglie) with rotini (the curly whirly- rotini, fusilli, spirali, they're all in the same gang), and used some spicy italian sausage (store-bought, of course). And you thought I was challenged enough to make my own sausage with casings ? Nah...my brain did not ask me to do that. My brain says...I'm not up to the challenge.

This is my entry for Presto Pasta Night.

Pasta with Spicy Italian Sausage (serve 2)
Ingredients:
-1/2lb pasta, cooked according to instructions (I used rotini)
-~4 cooked italian chicken sausages, cubed
-handfuls of baby spinach
-2cups marinara sauce, adjust amount accordingly while cooking
-red chilli pepper flakes, to taste
-black pepper, to taste

Method:
1.Heat some olive oil in frying pan and saute the sausages, about 3mins to warm them up since they are already cooked
2.Add the marinara sauce, and stir well
3.Add baby spinach, and mix well
4. As soon as mixture starts to simmer, add in the cooked pasta and mix well. Do not overcook the spinach
5. Serve immediately with sprinkle of parmigiano-reggiano


Other posts:
Lemon linguine
Teppanyaki style stir-fry udon
Linguine vongole
Beef and mushroom bolognese
Pasta ala Bak Chor Mee


Tag: , ,