Saturday, October 09, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower Naan Pizza

I have been re-visiting some of my older recipes and giving them a fresh new spin. So today, I am making Oven-Roasted Cauliflower, which goes as the topping for my Indian Naan-bread pizza base. Decided to do away with pita bread as the pizza base this time and try another kind of bread-base.

Roasted Cauliflower Indian-Style Naan Pizza! It works!


Oh boy, am I stagnating right now? I seem to be toying with my comfort-zone ingredients. I need new ingredients! More! More! To excite me, to inspire me.



Roasted Cauliflower Indian-Style Naan Pizza
(1) First, prepare the cauliflower using the Oven-Roasted Cauliflower recipe.

(2) Then, make tomato "sauce"/paste from scratch in a pan using fresh tomatoes, garlic, onions, cumin, fennel, curry powder, turmeric, salt and pepper.


(3) Spread the tomato "paste" onto store-bought naan bread, sprinkle shredded cheddar and Swiss cheese on it, top it with  oven-roasted cauliflower, then a final layer of cheese again...


(4) Heat in the oven at 400-450F till cheese melts and naan bread becomes crispy.



A vegetarian pizza worthy for My Meatless MondaysMyMeatlessMondays; and H‘nSgirlichef


Tag: , ,




An Escape to Food on Facebook