Monday, May 02, 2011

Kale and Meatballs Pasta

I'm back!!! Good to see you again!

And I know. It is May and kale should not be appearing! Right. I should be eating asparagus, artichokes, fava beans. Not kale?!? Well, I can't get enough of kale, can I?

I cooked this sometime ago - end of winter, start of spring, catching that last few bunches of Dino Kale (I definitely prefer Dino Kale to Green Kale!) in Whole Foods Market.

Skipping the long speech of details but giving credits to onions, garlic, spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, curry powder, dino kale, red bell peppers, tomatoes (fresh + canned), salt, pepper, red chili flakes. If you feel like a carnivore, add some meatballs - make Kale and Meatballs Pasta!




I did not bother blending the chunky vegetables to a pureed (otherwise smoother) sauce this time.
It is up to you, more time or less time. Feel like chewing or feel like slurping!.


Sharing this with Hearth and Soul; and Presto Pasta Nights hosted at Ruth of Once Upon a Feast.


Tag: , ,




An Escape to Food on Facebook