Backyard Barbeque

Every summer, I see sausages, marinated meats, hot dog/hamburger buns, sweet corn etc. heavily advertised in grocery stores as summer means grilling season, BBQ time! I remember when we first moved here, my friends and I were puzzled - why would someone want to grill food (which means more heat generated into the atmosphere) in the outdoors when it is already so hot outside? Now I find myself doing the same - grilling in summertime. I am not sure if I would like to grill in the outdoors when the temperatures hit the high 80s or 90s but grilling when the atmosphere feels 70s is kinda comfortable.

Grilling on our Weber 320 Portable Gas Grill

Anyway, all this food was prepared as there were guests at home. Since one of our friends is vegetarian, I prepared mainly vegetarian dishes (Avocado and Mango Salad, Gado Gado, Lavash Pizza) as accompaniment to the grilled food (vegetables and meat) so that everyone could enjoy the same food altogether.

Avocado and Mango Salad, Gado Gado, Grilled Vegetables (served with salsa) and Lavash/Pita Pizza

Even with the grill, the vegetables (zucchini, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, green onions) were grilled first, followed by meat and seafood.

Grilling all parts of the chicken wing (drummettes, mid-joint wings, tips) and whole shrimps/prawns

Finally I also appreciate the fact that summer means longer days with sunshine - which means enjoying more time outdoors (grilling activities included).

Tag: ,

An Escape to Food on Facebook