Steamed Cakes - 蒸鸡蛋糕

Alas. Desserts.

Finally. Cakes.

I seldom (never) bake. So my bad, for not paying attention to details. I can only focus on making the cake work, not make it beautiful. I drop some chocolate chips to the bottom of some of those molds (to get some chocolate versions), pour the cake batter over, and allow it to steam.  My Steamed Egg Cupcakes 鸡蛋糕 - made simply with egg/flour batter. Find it at Chapter 19 : Desserts - Steamed Egg Cupcakes in The Everything Rice Cooker Cookbook (Everything Series)


The other egg-dessert that you may want to try is Steamed Egg and Milk Custard/Steamed Milk Pudding. It is not difficult to make your own at home. Previously, I made another version of egg-custard: Steamed Ginger Egg Custard (姜汁炖蛋.

The only "special tool" you need is a steamer (of course, rice cooker with steamer insert, works too).





Tag: , ,



An Escape to Food on Facebook