Black Glutinous Rice Ball with Coconut Milk

As you are reading this (and maybe the next 1-2 scheduled posts), I am at where Internet access is limited or rather restrictive to certain sites such as Google (including blogspot.com) and Facebook. Arrrrghhhh...I am hating this "inconvenience" already. But be sure I will visit you at your sites once I get the chance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is another dessert! From Chapter 19: Desserts of The Everything Rice Cooker Cookbook (Everything Series) and you get Steamed Black Rice Pudding. Yes, the pudding version of the more commonly seen sweet-soup dessert Pulut Hitam!


Yes, since I have leftover of red/black glutinous rice after making Savory Steamed Glutinous Rice (Dim-Sum: Loh Mai Gai), I can only think of making Pulut Hitam.


This dessert was one of my childhood favorites but somehow, everyone is avoiding it because of the coconut cream/milk- I don't know why. It is the coconut cream that makes the dessert so fragrant, so aromatic and so delicious.

I am sharing this at My Meatless Mondays, Hearth and Soul

Other black glutinous rice recipes:
Black Glutinous Rice Porridge Dessert
Sticky Savory Glutinous Rice - Loh Mai Kai



Tag: , ,



An Escape to Food on Facebook