Stir-Fry Seasonal Greens with Mushrooms 鲍鱼菇炒时蔬

Remember I said that while I was moving (and handling moving stuff for the past weeks), I missed some of my own cooking and home-cooked food? As I was busy, I had to make my life easier by simplifying my own cooking, falling back to a lot of quick and easy one-dish meals - chicken noodle soups or chicken congee, stir-fry noodles, sandwiches, baked fish and veggies dishes etc.

I definitely want to have some rice or congee with side dishes like this.

How do you pull it off in your kitchen during a busy day?




Stir-Fry Leafy Greens with Oyster Mushrooms 鲍鱼菇炒时蔬
Fry thinly sliced ginger, then finely chopped garlic in a hot pan/wok, then add in stalks/stems of leafy greens and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, and mix well with veggies and cook for about 3 minutes. Add soy sauce and splash of cooking wine, and allow the mixture to simmer, pan covered, for about 2-3 minutes. Add the leaves of the greens last and do a quick fry under medium heat. Ground white pepper to taste.


Tag: , ,


An Escape to Food on Facebook