Oyster Omelet 蚵仔煎, Ningxia Night Market, Taipei

I totally concur with the saying that taste is absolutely subjective. Taiwan is a snack's paradise with night markets offering street food in almost every main city - Taipei, Taichung, Hsinchu, Tainan etc. Street food and snacks such as Oyster Vermicelli, Oyster Omelet, Fried Salt-and-Pepper Chicken, Stinky Tofu, Shaved Ice, Beef Noodles, Braised Pork Rice, Peddlar (DanZai)Noodles, just to name a few. Despite the galore of street food and snacks, there is really no item I can single out as my favorite other than Tainan's Milkfish Rice Porridge/Congee - a dish I do not mind eating regularly.

"Uncle" busy with his many oyster omelets @ 圓環邊蚵仔煎 @圓環邊蚵仔煎

I definitely love my Mee Siam, Popiah, Fried Carrot Cake, Bak Chor Mee, Prawn Noodles, Satay, much much better! Perhaps these are the taste(s) I grew up with, so these food is comfort that has already grown into me.

Ningxia Night Market 宁夏夜市 is a relatively small night market located in western Taipei,Datong District and particularly popular amongst the locals. As our hotel is located pretty near within walkable distance, and there is also a Formosa Chang branch location within this area, it fitted our dinner plan.

Huge pan filled generously with fresh oysters and lettuce for the oyster omelet @圓環邊蚵仔煎




Oyster omelet served with garlic sweet sauce @ 圓環邊蚵仔煎


Pots of oysters and clams ready for cooking oyster and clam soups@ 圓環邊蚵仔煎

Other popular items (as I observed) among customers is the clam soup but we already had lots of food in Formosa Chang which is just few doors away.

圓環邊蚵仔煎
台北市寧夏路46號

宁夏夜市, Ningxia Night Market
寧夏路, 大同區

Tag: ,


An Escape to Food on Facebook