Garlic Roasted Broccoli 蒜烤西兰花

There is a kind of consistency when it comes to cooking my greens. It is usually stir-fry leafy greens such as Bok Choy, kale and spinach; and steaming/blanching the "non-leafy" greens e.g. broccoli and cauliflower.


Some other vegetables such as brussel sprouts, cauliflower and eggplants are also often roasted. However, never (or rarely) do I roast broccoli. Why? I do not know.


Decided. Let us revive boring broccoli in the oven!



Roasted Broccoli with Garlic 蒜烤西兰花
adapted from KalynsKitchen

As my oven temperature usually runs higher, the roasting temperature for these broccoli was adjusted down to 425F and the vegetable was roasted with garlic for about 20 minutes.

I love how finger-friendly these delicious treats were! Compared to blanching, the roasted broccoli came out charred-dry (outside) but still tender moist (inside). These are super-addictive snack food in my opinion, and couch-friendly too.

Next time, don't say couch-potato. Say couch-broccoli.




Sharing with Hearth and Soul

Tag: ,

An Escape to Food on Facebook