En Papillote Parchment Baked Chicken 西式“纸包鸡”

It must be fate around parchment-cooking, Jamie Oliver and me. The first time I made foiled-baked snapper fillets, was a recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver. Then, parchment-steamed fish (it can be salmon, cold, halibut) with veggies became one of my go-to fuss-free meals.


The story continues on the turf-side with parchment-steaming (cooking) chicken breast with fresh rosemary and thyme. I accidentally came across this recipe in a magazine and just by reading it, I could not forget how easy it was to prepare that meal. Reading on, that's another Jamie Oliver's recipe.  

Woohoo!

I have enjoyed parchment-cooking all this while (so it does not take me long to try this way of cooking chicken breast) as moisture and flavors are usually locked in within a sealed pocket of food roasting in the oven. Of course, you don't get crispy skin (anyway, it does not matter here as it's skinless chicken breast) but the plus? A fuss-free meal that does not fall short on taste.

Right, chicken breast is not my favorite part of the chicken. Correct, it should be good lean protein but I do like my chicken skin-on with bones. How about you? My favorite parts of the chicken are chicken backs (for soups and congee, primarily), and wings (for roasting/baking).




Fresh Herbs Chicken Breasts with Asparagus and Tomatoes En Papillote, adapted from Jamie Oliver

Rub/season 1 piece of organic chicken breast with olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, leaves from 1 sprig of rosemary and leaves of 2 sprigs of thyme, lay chicken breast on spears of asparagus and some tomatoes (~4 cherry tomatoes sliced to halves or 1/2 of small tomato diced to 5-6 bite-sizes), wrap and seal in parchment baking paper. Bake in 400F preheated oven for about 25 minutes.

Unwrap and enjoy!


Tag: ,


An Escape to Food on Facebook