One dish meal - quick, easy, healthy, nutritious

I know I won't be enjoying this coming Christmas since I will spending that day on a plane. AGAIN!! :( I can only console myself and tell myself "Hey, there's still New Year!". I have not been making New Year resolutions for the past few years and this year will not be exceptional. But at least, I can use this chance to recap some of the one-dish meals I have whipped up in the "lifetime" of this "food journal" so far, and share them with the Best of 2007 at One Hot Stove.

Quick. Easy. Healthy. Nutritious. That's my definition, or at least my "goal" for one-dish meals. A meal that can either end your day in satisfication, or depression. You decide. These are some one-dish rice or noodles dishes that can cater to almost any day, prepared by any food-lover, shared with family and friends.


I share with you 10 of my favorites. As not all dishes are made equal, some are easier to prepare than the others. Nonetheless, they are all tasty. From rice noodles, soba, udon, parpadelle, fusili or the chinese staple - rice; you choose which you like and try preparing one of them(at least?) in the new year of 2008.



10 One-Dish Favorites

Wat Dan Hor - Rice noodles with seafood in egg gravy
Soba noodles in mushrooms medley
Teppanyaki-style stir-fry udon
Parpadelle in homemade sauce
Fusili with steamed shrimps and celery
Tom Yam fried rice
Tonkatsu don
Nasi campur
Nasi lemak
Cabbage fried rice



Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!



Tag: