Celery, Dates, Cashews Salad 西芹甜枣腰果沙拉

"Sweet from dates, sour from lemon, bitter from celery, and salty from Parmesan - this humble salad manages to get all taste buds firing at once." - Bon Appetit

Alright, I omitted everyone's favorite - the cheese; but trust me (or rather, trust Bon Appetit), this salad delivers the flavor punch in crunch.


I was excited to make it after watching the video and adapted it by using my own homemade turmeric dressing. Though I did not add in the cheese for saltiness, the mixed of almonds and cashews and the salted sunflower seeds made up for it. I totally enjoyed this crunch-a-licious salad and see it coming more often into my meals.



Celery, Dates, Cashews and Sunflower Seeds Salad 西芹甜枣腰果沙拉
adapted from Bon Appetit

Ingredients:
Organic celery, thinly sliced
Red onions, thinly sliced
1-2 Medjool dates, seeds removed and roughly chopped
Sliced almonds, and roasted unsalted cashews, handful, store-bought
Salted sunflower seeds, store-bought
1-2 tbsp turmeric dressing

Directions: Place sliced celery, onions, red dates in a bowl, drizzle dressing over and gently toss. Top with crushed nuts, and seeds.



Sharing with Hearth and Soul

Tag:

An Escape to Food on Facebook